Thursday, November 3, 2011

The awkward introduction

I have been thinking for probably an hour about some funny, interesting way to start this blog. This is the first blog I have written that isn't strictly for a small group of my close friends. I really did not know it was possible to have stage fright while sitting in front of a computer with no audience to speak of.
Now that the awkward introduction is out of the way I can start the real story. I decided today that I needed motivation to write a blog, I have had one in the past but I have never really been one of those people who thoroughly enjoys writing, so i decided to entice myself with a new challenge to help my blog be more consistent. So I figured why not take something I love (photography) and combine it with something that I really want to love (blogging) and turn it into one epic adventure.

I have loved taking pictures ever since I can remember, I would always steal my parents camera and shoot until it ran out of film. When I was about 12 years old my parents bought me my first (nice) camera for Christmas and I fell in love. I would make them stand outside in the freezing cold with me for hours as I took 1500 pictures of the same thing. Though out High School my love for photography continued to grow, however I went to a very small high school where no photography classes were offered, so I was more of a "make it up as I go" photographer. When I started college I barely knew what an f/stop was, but I somehow managed to score myself a photography job, shooting for the university I was attending. This is where I really received most of my technical training and worked with some of the best University/Photo Journalist photographers in the business, these guys have been featured in everything from Time Magazine to National Geographic. With my new mentors set in place I took those semesters to learn everything I possibly could. After a year I took time off school, came home, got married, moved to Colorado, and started a full-time job, and left very little room for any sort of photography. So after about 6 months of barely even using my camera. I decided it was time to clean the proverbial dust off my camera and start using it again.
The whole idea of this blog is, each week I will find a photo technique/editing technique I have not tried before, attempt it, and then write a blog about it including photo's of the process and the final project. hopefully not only inspiring myself, but some others as well.

So here we are...the begining of what I hope to be an excellent adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment